Confidence

 
 
 
 
 
 
I write this today because I need to believe in confidence. I need to know that God is good. I need to be reminded that He has plans. I need confidence today to allow myself to feel. Because some days are like that. I want to hide. Pretend to not be a grown up. But my husband and family rely on me and I need these verses to remind me that all things are possible!
 
I have complete confidence, O God! I will sing and praise you! Wake up, my soul! Psalm 108:1
 
Look straight ahead with honest confidence; don't hang your head in shame. Proverbs 4:25
 
Reverence for the Lord gives confidence and security to a man and his family. Proverbs 14:26
 
(These verses are from the Good News Translation GNT today.)
 
Just because I am a believer does not mean that there are not still struggles. I can't promise you that if you put your faith in Jesus Christ that you will never have problems. I would never lie to you. But what I can promise you is this: God's Word is eternal. It is as true today as it was over 2,000 years ago. And those verses? They give me strength.
 
So, wake up, my soul! Believe and not lose hope! Have confidence in the One who holds me in the palm of His hand.
 
The transformation began when we started with that word "conceit". Take the focus off of ourselves and look up. There are people in our lives that rely on us.
 
Don't be THAT girl. You know the one. "Nobody helps me around here!" "Everyone takes me for granted." "No one tells me I am doing a good job!" If you need those words to have confidence that you are making a difference then send yourself flowers with a card that says, "You are a wonderful wife and mother. Thank you for all that you do. We couldn't live without you!"
 
Be confident. Stand firm. You are not alone.

Comments

Popular Posts