Communication

as in words. Body language. Writing. Tweeting. Whispers. Gossip. A simple wordless touch of reassurance.
http://theefarmwife.blogspot.com/2015/10/communication.html
 
 
There are so many ways we try to communicate what we mean. Some fail miserably. Some talk too much,or make a mountain out of a mole hill.
 
My words are at times terrible, childish curses. They bring instant shame and I scream in my head, "How can you be a Christ-follower and say those things?!" And I cry out to God, "What is inside me that makes me talk this way?"
 
Enter "words" into the search bar of biblegateway.com and 406 entries will pop up.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24
 
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14
 
My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the meditation of my heart will give you understanding. Psalm 49:3
 
you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth.
Proverbs 6:2
 
Gossip is poop. You eat the words and they go to your parts:
 
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to the inmost parts.
Proverbs 18:8
 
This is one I had not read before and it touched home and made me giggle at the same time:
 
Do not revile the king even in your thoughts, or curse the rich in your bedroom, because a bird in the sky may carry your words, and a bird on the wing may report what you say.
Ecclesiastes 10:20

You just never know who might be listening to your words, my friend.
 
What we communicate to those around us, especially those who are non-believers who are just waiting for us to slip up, is a reflection of Christ.
 
Think about this today: Are my words building souls up or tearing others down? Is my speech peaceful and encouraging? Am I obnoxious? Do I stick around and join in when others talk crudely or start to gossip?
 
Examine your words. Pick something from Thee Word to meditate on. Put it on a post-it and stick it on your mirror. Memorize it and keep it in your heart.
 
May your words be pleasing in His sight and bring glory to Him. May they build your husband up. May they praise God and give Him thanksgiving. May your words encourage your children and assure them they are loved. May you speak words of kindness and not gossip.
 
Be encouraged by these words and do not lose hope. The journey from Conceit to Complete is not over yet!



Comments

Popular Posts