Compel

"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who did for them all and was raised again." 2 Corinthians 5:14-15

To compel is to move. To draw in. Not unwillingly. His love is so great and so deep and so high all at once that you can't but help but love Him back. When you feel his love, His eternal grace, you can't help but be convinced that He really die for you. That if you were the only person on planet Earth He still would have gone to that cross and died. A living sacrifice. For you. For love.

When the verse says, "Therefore all died" that means that we have died to our sin, our pasts, our regrets, our guilt. All gone. All forgiven with a few words of acquiescence: "Forgive me. I believe you died to set me free!"

He died for every single person who ever lived and who ever will be born. He died once. For all. And here's the beauty of it - He died so that we would no longer live for ourselves but to model our lives after His.

Even those who don't believe He is the Son of God still believe He was a "good person". I once went to Synagogue and the Rabbi quoted something Jesus had said even though he had no idea it was Jesus who had said that.

In order to progress from Conceit to Complete we have to die to ourselves. Not easy, believe me I know this.

I prayed this morning that my mind would stay focused on God because I have so many thoughts racing through my head that distract me. I yell too much, especially when I feel overwhelmed by my thoughts. I find it hard to stay organized. I especially struggle with filtering out unnecessary thoughts and tangents I go off on.

Basically, I end up feeling selfish and martyred because in our house "no one understands or listens to me or helps me." Most of which would be avoided if, when I notice my thoughts wandering or getting out of hand, I would just take a moment to pray and ask God to redirect my thoughts. I would then be able to reconsider my words and actions and stay on track. No longer living for myself, but instead living for Jesus and using the gifts He has given me to be an excellent wife and mother.

We, as believers are all equipped with amazing gifts that enable us to live godly lives.

My prayer for you is that you are beginning to feel complete. I challenge you to see if you really are feeling compelled to follow Jesus, or all you just one of the followers in the crowd still questioning if this Jesus thing is worth it?


Comments

Popular Posts