That's why we eat them...


Stupid cows! Got home from church and was gettting dinner ready and looked out the kitchen window and saw a few of our cows out. They love to get the gate open and run - beings I am 9
months pregnant there was no chasing done by me - I drove the Denali down and blocked the way - Cody ran to the gate and John jumped on the Ranger - modern day cow wrangling! We got them all in in record time and without any arguments or name calling! We are making progress!

Still no baby - went to the hospital on Friday with contractions but she hasn't dropped yet so we were sent back home to wait. (Jaima shared this with her Sunday School class today!) I am so ready to meet Jaiden and I am very impatient - but also realize she will come when she is ready. My verse for this week: "I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5. So, I wait, Jaiden waits, and the hope that God has promised us in Jeremiah 29:11 waits.

Cody is downstairs playing his guitar. He was grounded for a few grades that we found to be a little lacking :) John figured he would give him an hour (also, so Dad could take a nap! haha) and then he'll tell him it's time to go outside and bust his hump!

John mowed the yard today - looks like we could bale it - it was so long - but we have been so busy this fall that lawn mowing was not a priority!

All of the beans are harvested. Right now the boys are working on getting the new dryer and grain leg ready - we lost a lot in the storm we had in August. One thing John and I have learned is not to not let chaos ruin our hope - we know that tomorrow is another day, that God always provides and that when we worry it means we don't trust Him and His plans for us!

Comments

tgbrennan2003 said…
Hi,
This is Gayle. You have a beautiful farm. It sounds like you stay busy. I cannot wait until you have the baby. I will look for updates on your blog. Tell eveyone HI.
Love, Gayle

Popular Posts