Rain and unexpected pumpkins


Woke up to a rainy day - which I don't mind, but I know the farmers will.
Last year I wanted to plant pumpkins but hubby said no - well, Dan (who we depend on so much not only for friendship but help on the farm and the occassional plumbing job!) started the huge burnpile on fire this morning and came back up to the house with pumpkins!!!! We had thrown alot of them away last year after my harvest party - it's like I tell my youth group kids - out of manure flowers will grow! He said there they were, one for each kid! He also found some tomatoes growing back there!
I am very uncomfortable today - probably the poorest I've felt this whole pregnancy - and it is so hard to wait - but wait I will. Friends, family and neighbors have been calling to check on me and that helps. I DO try and enjoy this time alone and the house is the cleanest it's ever been!
John is putting in a lot of hours at the landfill. Since they are not taking garbage in from town anymore he is hauling loads to the Black Hawk County Landfill. He always did love to drive truck - I am so glad he has two jobs that make him happy - I always thought it was so sad that my grandfather worked his whole life at a job he hated - I have never once heard my husband complain about working.
God is so good to us - and we thank Him for another day together as a family.

Comments

Popular Posts