Thee Farm Wife

Thee Farm Wife

Monday, May 23, 2011

Jaima just keeps bursting out into different songs! "Shining in the light of His glory!"and dancing around and being silly!  She is a little sad because she went on a school fishing trip and didn't catch any. I have a feeling it was because she never sat still long enough!

Jaiden just went to see her Mimi with Daddy. I made Hamburger Helper for supper because it is my all time favorite comfort food! John won't eat it - and I don't blame him,but hey, I needed it today! Had a temporary crown put on and I am kinda grumpy. It's not a princess crown, it's a dental one.

Cody mowed the lawn BEAUTIFULLY today. When I do it, it looks like it got massacred. I planted tomatoes, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and peppers today. I'm not feeling too ambitious about having my big garden this year, but maybe this weekend I will feel more motivated. Because I want eggplant, radishes, carrots, onions and maybe some kohlrabi. I DO want to put a watermelon patch in next to wherever the sweetcorn is planted.

FIND OF THE DAY: So, I pull up to Trinkets and Togs (thrift store) and dump off a car load of  stuff to donate. And sitting RIGHT THERE is the rocker/glider I have had my eye on for weeks with a sign on it that says "MAKE OFFER". They originally wanted $45 for it.  So i offered 5 bucks and that chair is MINE! I will go to Hobby Lobby and buy some fabric to recover the cushions and foot rest - and then I will have one more thrifty treasure!

No comments: