Addendum to previous post...dedicated to Shannon K for being my inspiration, Always!

I like big words like that - I read the Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary once, the whole thing. Ask my Daddy. True story.

My blog is in no way meant to be the sole means of communication between the White Family and the rest of our friends and family. It's actually a journal of sorts for me and my kids, I am going to print it out one day, and give them their story and the story of their hard-working, loving parents. So, if you read something I've written that offends you or you have a question, talk to me or my hubby. You know, that's why I hate Facebook, too...it's a way for family and friends to check in on you and not have any real contact.

And now, for the rest of the story...Did you know?
My sweet Sugarbear hauled manure for another farmer for three days to pay for my glorious floor? It brings a tear to my eye to know that he did that for ME! I don't need diamonds or sparkly things, and my man knows that. And he works soooooo hard for me and the kids. Because he loves us!

Did you know that we live in the home that John grew up in? That means a lot to us. There is a history here on this farm that people we know and love have worked hard for, bled for, almost died for. We have been flooded, tornadoed (not a word!) and had the fire department here more than once. We have fought and cried and fought some more, but NOT ONCE have we ever wanted to walk away from this. NOT ONCE have John and I wanted to quit this life or this marriage. That's the honest truth. We love our life and we love our home. There are a few rocks thrown at us every once in awhile, but we duck and as John always says, "We'll get through it." and I believe him because he believes God.

So, after 10 years, we are finally able to make this house our own. It is a beautiful home. And we love to fill it with family and friends. I have Abbi, Kaitlyn, Renae, Kennedi and Kaiden for the weekend. Five extra kids. John and I love it. Some have called our home chaotic and questioned us taking in so many kids. We also have teenage boys that live with Cody in the house downstairs. We also have Khyle and Hannah and Dan and the list goes on...John and I promised God 9 years ago that if He would let us stay here and keep this farm that we would use our home to be a blessing to others. And we have kept that promise. Have others questioned our sanity? Yes. Has my house been a mess? Most of the time. How do we afford to feed all of these people? That's a God thing. When you visit will it be noisy? You betcha. But someday, it's just gonna be Johnny and me in this big ole house and it's gonna be real quiet. And I hate to think of the quiet. So we fill our home with laughter and love. If you visit, be warned.

Someone asked me how my own kids feel about always having others here. Well it's all my kids have known. We lived with Jim and Jen for the first five years (us in the basement house and them in the upstairs house). John's Daddy is here for planting and harvest and in between every year. (And I love it because we eat pie for breakfast!) My brother once lived with us for six months - twice. There has never been a time that lasted more than a few weeks in the 10 years we've lived here that we haven't had someone else living with us. My husband and I have never really had a time when we were alone in our home. More than once, someone has come in the front door and seen me dancing all by myself in the big room. Or interrupted my prayers or God time. But, we make the best of it. You can call CHAOS we call it LIFE.

I know, usually I write fluff. But John and I felt the need to tell a little of our story this morning. I run everything by him. He's my best friend, my mentor, my sounding board and my protector. You mess with Mama, you get the Bull.

And by the way, I got a 32 on my ACTs - just sayin. That's proof I ain't stupid. HAHAHAHAHA

Tomorrow, maybe I'll tell you about my dream of being a farmer's wife and how God brought me here...or do you want me to go back to pretending that my life is perfect and just show pictures of my kids?

Comments

ShannonK said…
Love you, woman. And the thing I love most? When we talk, it's REAL! So, you just keep on posting what's in your heart and I'll keep on reading! I might even feel moved to blog myself sometime soon!

Popular Posts