Thanks, Mama Austa...

...for reassuring me that life is good just the way it is!
I am the perfect mother. No, my dishes aren't done. My floors are not always swept. Four dogs will greet you when you visit. Piles of laundry lurk in my hallway. You can't see the tops of our desks. Sometimes the bills are late. Sometimes the kids go to school without the papers that were supposed to be signed and sent back. Sometimes we miss the bus. The milk expires. The bread gets moldy. And always, kids that aren't ours are running through the house and staying with us.
But there are always lollipops and hugs and kisses and laughter. Balloons to hit around the house. Leaves to be played in. Races to be run and footballs to be caught. These are the things that will matter twenty years from now when my children are grown. They won't mention the dust or the muddy hallway. They will remember the wonderful meals full of laughter and love. Special treats after school and a mom that was there to greet them when they got off the bus. The special kisses before bed and reading four or five stories because Mom wants just five more minutes with them.
I am the perfect Mom.

Comments

Popular Posts