I survived...

getting Cael and Jaima ready for school this morning! Cael's mom is in Arkansas and Jim had to work so Cael and Emma stayed last night - I got them dressed, breakfasted, lunches made - out the door - then I checked the calendar - they didn't need lunches today - it's McDonald's day! I still want a t-shirt that says, "I Survived Hurricane CJ"!
Emma and Jaiden are watching Bob the Builder while I type. Every once in awhile I have to pull something out of Jaiden's mouth! I don't know where she finds this stuff!
Jaiden is cutting teeth - two of her molars are coming in - huge lumps on her bottom jaw - poor baby - lots of love, tylenol and cool food to chew on. The other day she wanted to nurse all day - didn't want food at all! She shows no signs of wanting to wean herself - so we will just let nature take it's course - besides, I am not paying for formula!
Last night, Bolin's and tenHoeve's came for dinner for Labor Day. We had a great time! Ashley made us some collard greens and sweet tea. We are Southern Belle's tried and true! We had grilled burgers, hashbrown casserole, baked beans, and yummy blondie bars made by Matt Bolin! It is so nice to have the house filled up with friends, kids and laughter!
My car is totally out of gas - I think someone siphoned it out while I was at Walmart yesterday afternoon - I know I had at least 1/2 tank. Am not sure what I am supposed to do about it - maybe file a police report? I am going to have to buy a locking gas cap. Times must be getting really tough around here - or the world's mess is starting to creep into my little neck of the woods...or maybe it's a farmer's wife's naivete.

Comments

Ash said…
Thanks for having us over! It was a lot of fun...We have to do stuff like that more often!

Popular Posts