This morning I called Julie and told her to make me a cup of tea because I was coming for a visit! I left the kids at home and had some friend time.

We have gotten some rain - and looks like more is coming today. It is humid and overcast. John is working at the landfill. Cody and I plan on going to town today and looking at fence supplies. We are going to look at ways to fence in the acreage so the cattle can't get out. We have chased cows twice in the last three days. We've been looking up options and advice on the internet and hope to find a solution. Cattle love their freedom!

I am going to pack Cody's things for camp - he leaves on Monday. I will have to haul him and Lance and all of their guitar equipment to Grinnell. I want to stay overnight down there with the girls but we will have to see what's happening here on the farm.

I have a few red tomatoes that should be ready to pick today! I can't wait to taste the first one - I love to eat them right off the vine. Next year I hope to plant a big garden and maybe get a few laying hens. My childhood dream of being a farmers wife included chickens, ducks, geese, a few sheep and a huge garden. John will just have to play along - haha

Comments

Gerben en Julie said…
It was good to see you again....it was about time!!!
Julie

Popular Posts