Matthew 5:37 (New International Version)
"Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

A friend has told me today that I am too much of a people pleaser - and I was reminded of the above Scripture. Why can't I tell someone, "No." when I really don't feel like a visit? Or, "Yes, please, I would like some more chocolate and I don't care if my hips are too big!"?

Loving God - first priority. Loving myself and my husband and my kids - that's number two. If I don't take care of me, I can't take care of them. If I don't spend time with my Creator, I can't appreciate what He has created- ME and this family and the home we have made despite some pretty trying circumstances. I love how we have eked out our own little place in the Universe and it's all ours. Rules and traditions we got to pick and try to follow - lol.

So, let your yes be a resounding YES and if you want to say no - let it be a firm no - I really believe that God wants us to live life and fully enjoy it - Jesus said, "I came so that you might have life and live it abundantly (to the full.)" John 10:10 -

Are you ready to live that with me, my friends?

Comments

Popular Posts