Planning a New Year and Choosing Your One Word

It's almost a new year. Calendar and planner pages all bright and new. New stickers and pens. I am ready to plan it all out. Maybe you are too, but before we jump in to making all of our own plans maybe we better let God tell us a little about what He has planned for us for 2018?

Spend some time in prayer as you fill out the pages...consider His ways. Is He telling you to be less busy? To get healthy? To spend more time in His Word?

I confess I am a planner addict. I buy several each year and switch between them. I buy all of the accessories. I spend way too much at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. This year, I am organizing my supplies, taking stock and vowing to use what I have. (That's another post for another day!)

Source and Credit: http://www.happyasannie.com/plannergirl-meme-of-the-week/


I have also chosen my word for the year. Last year's was PAUSE. I learned to pause before I spoke, yelled, purchased (except planner junk sigh) or was about to disrespect my Dear Farmer. It gave me focus and it was an action word!

This year's word is...PRACTICE. As in practice what I preach. Eliminate hypocrisy. Set the example. Live out openly what I believe inwardly. Be an example in word and deed to my children.

What's your word going to be? Pray and ask God to show you.

Comment below and tell me your word for 2018.

Happy New Year Blessings to you,

Carolyn
Thee Farm Wife




Comments

Popular Posts