Joy to The World


The Lord has come. 
Let Earth receive her King.

Today let's reflect on the gift of joy. Yes, the gift. It's not to be earned. It's not something you attain to. It's within you. 

When we receive Jesus, we receive joy. Unspeakable joy.

Joy is not the same thing as happiness. Joy is not always a feeling. Joy is assurance that within you is something bigger. Something stronger. 

John 15:9-13New International Version (NIV)“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
I never thought of this before but Jesus laid down his life for us - and there is no greater love than this. He commands us to lay down our lives for each other. Love as He loved. Keep His commands as He kept God's commands...so our joy will be made complete. Jesus was full of JOY! He died with JOY for you and me! 

When I choose to do something helpful (and maybe it's a hardship for me) for someone I might say "It's my pleasure to help you." or "It's not a problem at all!" I am serving and loving and obeying His commands and this brings me JOY!

Joy gives us the courage to step out in faith and do what God has asked us to do. Love one another. Some in this world might call me a hypocrite, saying I judge. I am the last one to judge anyone else, trust me! Loving one another means LOVING ONE ANOTHER. Are you a stranger? I love you. Have you hurt me in some way? I still love you. Are you gay? You guessed it, I love you! Are you an immigrant or a refugee? I love you. 

It is my JOY to love. If I were to condemn or judge or hate then I would have no joy within me. There can be no joy in the midst of these things.

Obey His commandments. Remain in His love. Love one another. Your joy will be complete.

Journal it out:

Is there joy within you? Write out John 15:9-13 or highlight it in your Bible. Draw a red heart around "love." Circle the word "joy." Draw a square around the word "complete."

Have you stepped out in faith and loved so that your joy may be full? Are you bringing joy to the world as Jesus did?

Source: Pinterest


Joy to the World
The Lord is Come
Let Earth receive her King
Let every heart, prepare Him room! 
And Heaven and nature sing.
And Heaven and nature sing.
And Heaven and Heaven and nature sing!

He rules the world with truth and grace,
And makes the nations prove,
The glories of His righteousness
And wonders of His love
And wonders of His love
And wonders, wonders of His Love!


Joy to you always,
Thee Farm Wife





Comments

Popular Posts