Christmas with a Glitch

I want to be THAT mom. You know the one. She reads the Christmas story sweetly to her children before tucking them into bed right on time. She has already made the cookies with them to leave out for Santa Claus. All of the gifts are wrapped neatly and arranged under the tree. It's so calm and peaceful on her Christmas Eve.

Insert record scratching sound here.

Instead, I'm sitting on the couch trying to figure out where that horrible smell is coming from - and it's my feet! I have had to wear shoes with inserts 24/7 for the past three months and let's just say ewwww. It's A Wonderful Life is on. The boys are pretending to open presents, telling each other they've been good. The Farm Girl wrapped ALL of the presents for me today in exchange for me letting her rent movies on Amazon. Best deal I've made all year. 


It's not a bad Christmas Eve at all. If you count not going to candlelight service, no driving around looking at Christmas lights, no egg nog, no Little Smokies or Chex mix. No seeing my Daddy and Mom today. I had a schedule all made out two weeks ago and listed everything I wanted to do to have Thee Perfect Christmas. 


Only I wasn't counting on Thee Farmer getting the stomach flu, or the boys getting bad coughs. 

And guess what? I'm okay with it. 

Jaiden is online tracking Santa. The boys are now writing letters to Santa. 

Soon, they will fall asleep (hopefully) all on their own when they get good and tired. And just maybe they will all sleep in tomorrow. 


And I pray I will be that Mama that takes the time to read the Christmas story to the kids in the morning - and not the grumpy mama that's so easy to be. 

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given - and He shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Emmanuel, God with us...Savior of the world.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night,
Thee Farm Wife


Comments

Popular Posts