Mondays

I’m going to let you in on another secret: Sunday night is the most important night of your week. You can’t be a slacker on Sunday evening. Give yourself just one hour and I promise your Monday mornings will be better!
I am going to be totally honest, by Sunday night our house is trashed. Like, “We should be on an episode of Clean House” trashed. But I am totally at peace with this. Why? Because I have a plan.
It’s one of those things, that no matter what, I know there is a way out of the mess. Kind of like how God picks me up out of the messes I make in my life and sets me on firm ground.
Psalm 40: 1-2 NIV
I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
And because my soul finds rest I can face this:
    





You won’t find any Pinterest perfect pics here. 
See, if you just focus on the mess you will miss the beauty.
The dirty dishes? We had some very good friends over for lunch after church yesterday. And small group last night. A half hour is all it will take to clean it up.
The clothes? Well at least they are clean. It takes less than five minutes to sort and put away.
The pretzels? I’m going to have the dog eat them up. Problem solved.
I stand on firm ground.
Before bed last night Thee Farmer and I laid out the kids clothes. Got their backpacks ready. Rounded up shoes and boots and hats and coats. Made sure their Thermoses were clean and planned what I would put in their lunches. Checked the calendar. Checked the weather forecast and had everyone in bed by 8:00. That’s the plan we stick to. And it works, because it gives us hope and peace for Monday morning.
What’s your biggest challenge to kicking off the week?

Comments

Popular Posts