How I plan my days

I am a planner addict. There. I said it. I love all the cute accessories. The Facebook groups. The pens and stickers. And then I found Thee Perfect Planner for me! Happy Planner by me&my big ideas is Thee One for me! You can also find them at Hobby Lobby and use your 40% off code to get a real bargain. I use the extender rings and even found a cute charm at Hobby Lobby.
Now, why do I love planners? My grandfather wrote in one every day as far back as I can remember. I have all of them now. I pour over his handwriting and smile when I see my name. "Carolyn stayed the night." And so my obsession began. To not only record my daily adventures but also to keep my side-tracked mind focused.
The one rule of Fly Lady that has stuck with me the most is to check my calendar before I go to bed. That way I know what time I have to get up. I can lay out the proper outfit. If I have a town day I dress a lot differently than a down on the farm day. I can see if any of the children have a project due. A field trip or a special lunch. It's all right there in my planner.
Sunday evenings are my planning time. I take down the main calendar in the kitchen. Get out my washi tape and pens, some stickers, and start laying out my week. I set goals, plan meals, write in any appointments, and note any special activities for school. I also try and keep positive notes and Bible verses in front of me all week. Right now I am staring at two blank pages just begging me to decorate them and fill them up. Have a wonderful start to your week, my friend!

Advertising Disclosure: Thee Farm Wife may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or your clicking on links posted on this website.

Comments

Popular Posts