Winter blahs

it's not even technically winter yet and I already have it...the blahs. The "I do not want to go anywhere or get dressed or eat anything besides chocolate" blahs. I am not depressed. I am starved for sunshine and warmth. So, I light candles that smell like warm cinnamon vanilla, I bake cookies, I curl up in a nice snuggly blanket...and I wait for spring.

I lovingly tend to my houseplants. My whatchamacallits are blooming. My indoor rose bush is setting new leaves. There IS life in winter. And soon, and very soon, we celebrate the birth of our Savior. Why just one day? Why dont we celebrate His coming every day of the year? His coming is so very dear to all of us. His going we don't want to talk about so much. 

Hope. That is what I need a good dose of. Hope that He is coming again. In an even more glorious way then He did on that one bright morning 2,000 years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts