Plains Blizzard

I want to shout at the wind, "You'll never get me!" Just like Pa Ingalls did in the Long Winter. We are in the middle of an honest-to-goodness Iowa blizzard - and it's not even Christmas! We are blessed to be warm and have plenty of food and entertainment. The dogs hate to go outside, however. Cody's roommate, Mychal, thought he was going to go to work in Waverly at 6am - I wouldn't let him and besides he would never have made it out of the drive.

The sun is shining right now, giving a false sense of warmth. Cody and John went out to feed cattle and check the waterers and came inside freezing and red-cheeked. I am still in my pjs - lol. The blessings of being the farmer's wife!

Jaima and I are listening to classical Christmas music on Pandora . Sugarplums and Hosannas and Emmanuel as we dance around the house. Beautiful! I have pics of my little Christmas elves to upload but blogger is rejecting them right now for some reason.

So, I wish you warmth in your heart wherever you are today, warm or cold outside - be blessed!

Comments

Popular Posts