Monday, November 24, 2008
oh - how could I forget!
Last Friday morning, the corn dryer caught on fire - the fire dept. teased us that we were going to get a punchcard! John is on the Plainfield Fire dept. - he actually gets credit for being on the scene. John could have been hurt very badly - but he was quick on his feet and got the right things opened up and called 911. The wires in the dryer were melted - but they had it up and running by 1pm. I went to town and bought chicken and broasted potatoes for all of the guys that helped! We have AMAZING friends and neighbors!