Happy Fall, Ya'all

Here it is October already. We haven't even begun to harvest our crop and it feels weird that nothing is happening here on the farm! But we wait patiently for equipment to be fixed and fine tuned, and we wait for the corn to get just a little drier.

The Farmer has taken an off farm job. And Cody has moved to CF.(Don't worry we are still farming! Cody comes everyday to do chores and work.) So, most days I am living like a pioneer woman and hanging out in my kitchen and playing with AJ and working on basic schooling with him. And I am oh so content!

I have made apple butter in the crockpot and even baked my first homemade apple pie! I put up some tomato juice in different flavors to cook with this winter. I can add paste or tomatoes to it and make chili, spaghetti or pizza. I also made salsa! This former hood rat really has been transformed to Farm Queen! (fyi "hood rat" is a term we used for kids who ran around in the neighborhood causing trouble and dressing like a gangster haha)

I need to start using my camera again and not just my phone to take pictures. Maybe today will be the day AJ and I go outside and capture fall for ya'all.

Be blessed.

Comments

Love seeing your FB and BLOG posts but miss seeing you in person. Wanted to say thanks for posting about the apple butter b/c I made it for the first time this year and congrats on your recent speaking engagement. I'm sure your personality and personal story can have a positive impact on many. I'm thankful for the time we did have. Keep walking your faith and sharing your walk!

Popular Posts