Homemade biscuits, take one

Ignore the counters lol haven't gotten that far yet this morning.


So, I have this old lard can that I keep Cascade pacs in for the dishwasher...oh and ignore the drill that The Farmer hasn't taken back to the shop yet.


On it is a recipe for biscuits:

2 cups sifted, all purpose flour
4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup lard
2/3 cup milk

Resift flour with baking soda and salt. Add lard and blend with pastry blender or tow knives until mixture resembles corn meal. Add milk all at once, stirring until ingredients are dampened. Turn dough out on floured board, knead lightly 1/2 minute and pat out to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut out biscuits and bake in 425 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.


I have always had dreams of being a Southern Belle and making hot, flaky biscuits for my family each morning. They turned out pretty well, but I have a tummy ache from the lard :) and grape jelly.
 

Comments

Popular Posts