Allergies...aaaargh

I understand why God made pollen. I understand how it works and why it is necessary. But I want to know why He created allergies. This year has been the worst so far because apparently only ragweed can grow in a drought!

My kids can't go outside for long without sneezing and their eyes swelling up. We all take Claritin and I would hate to see what we would be like if we didn't.

In the midst of the pollen, I decided to do a major house clean - adding dust to the mixture. I hardly ever dust - it is a losing battle on the farm.

 So, if you drive by the funny farm and wonder why the windows are shut and the AC is still running, now you'll know. Because I sure wish we could have a nice breeze blowing through the house. I miss fresh air!

Most years I pray for an early frost. But not this year with the drought. We need as much frost free time as we can get this year. Some farmers are chopping corn already for silage. We will begin next week. We are fortunate to still have corn growing in some of our fields.



Comments

Popular Posts