I find it hard to understand

women these days! What is so wrong about staying home and raising my kids, caring for my husband and cleaning my home? Do I need to come to every one of your play dates to make you feel more like a woman? Do I need to join every committee? Discuss every new trend? Compare my kids progress or delays with yours?

I guess I am a new pioneer woman. I mean, think about it, 100+ years ago a woman on the farm had little contact with the outside world. Church on Sundays, an occasional visit from the neighbors. No telephone, no texting, no internet...just living the life God gave her and raising her kids and her chickens. Getting up before the sun rose to tend her garden. Focusing on the care of her husband. Cooking three great meals a day. Was it an easy life? Duh. I'm not naive. But for me, it is the life I choose. It is the life I chose when I set out to find the Farmer.

Do I judge you for your career or your busy lifestyle? Heck no. All the power to you. I used to live in the rat race. Now, I'm the tortoise. Slow and steady wins the race. But when I say no thank you to your invite to the next "come look at the crap this lady is selling" party, don't judge me either. Don't call me anti-social. Better yet, write me a letter, I'm looking for a good old-fashioned pen pal.

Comments

Popular Posts