Birthday Weekend

I am 35 minutes away from being 38 years old -
1972 - born in Killeen, TX
1985 gave my life to the LORD and was baptized
1992 Cody Allan blessed my life
2001 met John, my sweet and patient Farmer Boy
2002 married John
2002 Jaima Louise blessed us
2007 JaidenIlo Marie blessed us
2010 pierced my nose hahahaha

What fills up the rest? Tons of friends, farm life, learning to be a good wife and mother, reading, working various jobs and trying new careers, more blessings from God than I could ever count...and here I am today a WOMAN, although not quite a grown up - and I really okay with who I am! I have great kids, more cows than I can count, pets who adore me, and a husband who should be nominated for sainthood for putting up with me!

Last night I went to coffee with an old/new friend. We finally juswt made time for each other and spent four hours talking and getting to know each other. Thanks, Heather, for some much needed girl time and laughter!

I slept in until TEN o'clock this morning. Got up, had coffee and Halloween candy. Stayed in my jammies all day. Watched the History channel because I was too lazy to change the channel, painted pumpkins with John and the girls, never cooked anything but BBQ smokies and drank Dutch tea all day! I napped from 2 to 6 with the girls. Took a bubble bath with Jaiden and put on my favorite pink silk jammies. I never talked on the phone or got the mail or checked my Blackberry or email - a day of me!

Tomorrow, we are all going to church and then out to eat for my bday.

Khyle and Dan butchered chickens this morning and Khyle showed up with 5 or 6 of them - put them on the counter and said it was my turn to do the rest. So, tomorrow I will fry chicken and make mashed taters and greasy gravy and have a feast. I didn't plan a party this year - I always throw myself one - and I don't know why. Maybe because I didn't want to clean? haha Next week, I plan on calling each of my special friends and ask them to each spend an hour or two with me, catching up and then I will have an excuse to go and visit them. Sue has already invited me to go to a cupcake shoppe with her on Thursday!

Hmmm what else can I ramble on about? Cody and Jacly came tonight and brought presents! Cody bought me a Willow Tree mother and son statue - I cried - and Jaclyn bought me a tea cup that says "prayer changes everything" and "pray without ceasing" - I cried, too - because my son is in love with a godly woman!

Off to bed I go - now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the LORD my soul to keep - my angels watch me through the night and wake me with the morning light! AMEN

Comments

Gerben en Julie said…
Happy Birthday Woman!!!!did you get my card? it seems like you had a great weekend..I missed you though....
I really wish for you: God's blessing for you in this new year!!
Love
Julie

Popular Posts