I locked myself in the bathroom...

by 10am this morning. 10am. And I slept in until 7:30.



It's like all of the energy the three littles have is spinning and spiraling out of control like a tornado.

I love to clean, Decorate, Move furniture and repurpose things. And they run through the house like little hellions leaving wrappers, toys and dirty socks in their wake. 

Saturday's are supposed to be my day and I confess I am so selfish. I want them to go outside and bug their daddy. I want to put a slightly adulter movie on Netflix. One with a little more action than an episode of Peppa Pig, ya know? And listen to the movie as I putter around.

After my bathroom decompression, I call my Mama. She tells me to make them sit on their beds and read a book. To not yell and to take care of myself. 

She is so wise. I don't ever remember her yelling. Not once. And I have heard her say ONE cuss word my entire life and it wasn't even a good one. I want my Mama on days like today. When she was my age she and Daddy were empty nesters and grandparents. We have a four-year-old for Pete's sake. 

I ask her - okay I beg her - to come up and visit and she simply says, "No, thank you" in that "do you think I am that crazy?" voice. I know she laughs at me every time she hangs up the phone.

What do you do to get away from the craziness? Besides, Target. Target is good. Wanna babysit?


Comments

Popular Posts