We pause...and we wait

It is so easy to give in to the rush. The craziness. The gimmes and I wants. The last chance sales. 

Yesterday, I panicked when my mother-in-love asked me if I was ready for Christmas. Wait. What? Christmas is NEXT week?!?!?!?!?!

No! I'm not ready. I don't even know how many gifts I've purchased. Are there enough stocking stuffers? What do I buy my mom?

As Shirley Temple says, "Oh my goodness!"

Then Mom-in-love said, "It is what it is. There's no need to worry or rush. If it doesn't get all done it will still be just fine." And she knows this and speaks it as truth. She is all-wise and encouraging all in one. 

And it will be. 

We cut out all of the fancy. There are no Pinterest-worthy decorations or crafts. No decadent meals. Christmas cookies will come from a Pillsbury tube. I let the kids decorate the tree - a huge thing for me - letting go of my perfectionism.

The anticipation is still there. The waiting for Him to come. That joy that only comes on Christmas morning. Hope-filled JOY.

So, we pause. Take a deep breath. Refocus. Jesus is coming. Nothing will ever be good enough or perfect enough or full enough - and still He comes.

And after we celebrate His coming. We anticipate and wait for the next time He will come. This one we need to hurry for. Because there is no red-circled date on the calendar for this date. There will only be a trumpet to announce the arrival of Thee King.



Are you ready? Have you invited Him in? Throw open the door of your hurting heart and say, "Jesus, I'm ready for you!"

All Heaven and Nature sing...

Comments

Popular Posts