Annnnnd...Action!

Any change you desire requires action, my dear!
You can tell me you want to change your life. Clean your house. Lose some weight. Be a better wife. Yell less. Read more. Make some friends.
(Which by the way are all things you have messaged me about the past few weeks.)
And I can help you reach your goals, but you're gonna have to put those big girl panties on and do some work.
For instance, this morning, we had a hot mess going on. Thee Farmer is tired from harvest and really needs a break. However, last night was dance class visitation for Jaima from 6:30 to 8. I wasn't about to haul those farm boys off to dance class. I don't even want to think about how that would've turned out. So, Thee Tired Farmer tried his best to keep them all in line, feed them, bathe them, get them to sleep. And he did it, by golly!
Now add to that, me trying to write at least two hours a day. Me, not making sure the kids are doing their inside chores - because they would rather run outside with Dad and work with him. Me, not cleaning up the little messes as they happen.
Back to this morning...no outfits picked out. No lunches made. Floors are sticky because Little Man squirted juice boxes all over them and I sort of wiped it up. Which means now they are black, sticky, dog hair messes. Hey. Just keeping it real.
We got them ready for school and on the bus. That's when I took action.
The school cubbies were in the dining room. The kids weren't using them. So I moved them to the front hall by the door where the kids come in. Coats, hats, shoes and bags: problem solved! Took me five minutes.
Next, the table. Covered in laundry and things that needed put away. Quickly sorted garbage from keepers. Folded towels. Put away. Problem solved. Three minutes.
Right now, I am taking a fifteen minute coffee and writing break. Had a wonderful phone call from my bestie (making time for friends is so important!) We prayed together, encouraged each other and reset the tone for our day!
I could have crawled back in bed and ignored Thee Mess. I could've fallen prey to Satan and screamed and yelled. But our battle is not with those we love. Our battle is not our house, even if you live in an old fixer-upper with no fixin up money to be had. NO! Our battle is with the Enemy. He wants you to live defeated.
I'm calling you out on this one. Make a choice right now. Do you want to live or do you want to merely survive?
You can email me at kennedy993@yahoo.com. You can comment below. I'm on Twitter and Instagram  @farmewife4life. If you're my Facebook friend send me a message. I WANT TO HELP YOU! but I can't if you don't tell me where you are struggling. So, I will wait to hear from you, darling. Be brave. Action!

Comments

Popular Posts