"What do you do all day?!?!"

someone recently asked me.

I wake up between 5 and 6. Make coffee. Pray. A lot.Wake the girls up at 6. Help them get dresssed. Breakfast. Pack lunches. Off to the bus at 7:15.

Back inside after a short walk. More coffee. Get dressed. Throw in a load of laundry. Check email. Pick FlyLady task for the day. Empty dishwasher. Switch laundry. Fold and put away. No clean clothes left in laundry baskets.

Time for the boys to wake up. Cuddle time. Bible stories. Breakfast and get dressed. More coffee.They get to watch one hour of TV. I use this time to bake bread, plan meals, blog, read my Bible, or do my Weekly Home Blessing.

Seriously. You need to go to www.flylady.net right now. It will get your life in order. Not perfect, but peaceful. I promise. Been following her since 2007.

Outdoor playtime. Help Thee Farmer with chores.

Lunch. Watch the news/weather. If Thee Farmer comes in we may watch Days. The boys have quiet time and naps if they need one. I switch laundry. Four loads by four is my daily goal. (See the book Large Family Logistics on Amazon.)

I'm tired already just typing this out but I have a secret on how I make it through each day. 8:00. That's right 8 pm the magic hour when they all go to sleep. I look forward to that time every day. I only have to make it til 8. Then I get Thee Farmer all to myself. I can sit. Relax. Read. Watch an episode of Leave it to Beaver or Keeping Up Appearances on Netflix. Get into my granny nightgown and s-l-e-e-p.

In between 6 am and 8 pm there is also: cooking, dishes, playing, teaching, baking, cleaning, organizing, writing, sweet tea making, pet chores, phone calls to and from friends (a must have for every day), errands, toilet cleaning, list making...

I don't tell you this to make you say "Gee, she does a lot." or even "Who cares what you do all day?" I write it out for me. To remind myself that I DO make a difference. That staying home matters. That Thee Farmkids and Farmer are my world. That in the end, money isn't what matters. Time well spent is. Raising Kingdom kids is. Having a happy Farmer is.

What do YOU do all day?

Comments

Popular Posts