Only sixty acres left and then harvest is over - at least according to Papa Farmer. He is ready to go back to Arkansas and rest. But I will surely miss our morning talks and the freedom to eat dessert for breakfast with him!

Harvest is such a long and lonely time. I have it rather easy because John doesn't run the combine. But I am ready to have his focus back on us and not on the crops. We either make it or break it at this time of year and the stress is enormous on us all.

There is still lots of field work and maure hauling but the end is in sight!

I am busy planning Jaiden's fifth birthday party. She wants a pink cowgirl party. Daddy has orders to clean out the shop and get us some hay bales.

The weather man says there is a 100% chance of rain Saturday. We really need it. The dust is coating everything. The air is heavy and my windows are filthy! Jesus, bring the rain!

Comments

Popular Posts