Big Girl Panties

I should be at church right now. Should be. Need to be. But I am enveloped by chaos. Children screaming, refusing to obey. So much laundry. Dirty dishes. And I cleaned ALL DAY yesterday. 

It's hard to find hope in the midst of chaos, isn't it?

My Bible is right by my side. I know it contains HOPE in all of it's pages. 

  • for this child I have prayed 
  • streams of grace
  • my hope is in the LORD
  • only ask and you shall receive
  • as long as I breathe, I hope
  • God will continue and finish the good work He began in me
  • love will overflow
  • He gives me a future and a hope
From James 5:7-10 (my paraphrase):
Wash your hands...purify your hearts...cry over what you have done...grieve over what was lost. Cry instead of laughing it off. Embrace the gloom for a moment. Joy will come. 
In other words, give yourself time to admit that it is a mess. That the kids are being awful. That you should've gone to church. Cry in the bathroom until your mascara runs. Feel sorry for yourself.
And then put on your Big Girl Panties and deal with it!
~Carolyn's Mama




 Be brave,

Thee Farm Wife







Comments

Unknown said…
I love this. Even with no littles here, there are still days where I need this reminder. May your day be Royally Blessed! JJ

Popular Posts