Day One: Write your story

We are on a journey. For the next 31 days. Let's begin here.

I feel so alive right now. No exclamation point needed. I have been living in drudgery. Not depression or the doldrums. Just plain old tired of the day to day stuff that consumes my time. 

So, I went outside. To look for the missing rabbit, mind you, but I went outside. Which is something I seldom get to do. Because of the busy-ness. Having all of this stuff takes time to clean and "organize". I will madly clean for an entire day and then crash and burn. In the mean time, laundry piles up, dishes get nasty, and the kids still don't help.

Time. None of us has enough of it. We're so busy writing our story, our screenplay our novel that we forget that we are not the author. Shakespeare said all the world is a stage. True. But God, He is the Author. Not some puppet master in the sky, mind you, but the Author of life. 

Today in church my good friend Clint said something to this effect. When you're done trying to write your story - and pen doesn't erase and white out makes it look awful - when you're done, set down the pen. Let God pick it up. Let Him write the Words on your heart. No, the blots and smears will not get erased, but they won't matter anymore. They will just be the side note in a story created just for you. Can't you see His hand scripting Words over your life? 

She had patience and was just. She took the time to stop and love on her hurting friend right there in the middle of the grocery store, even thought she was late for PTO and her casserole was probably burning. Instead of complaining, she prayed. Instead of gossiping, she shared the Gospel. Instead of turning to pills or drink to numb her pain, she saw His name written on her heart and remembered that she was loved. 

Isn't that a much better story? Will I still try and grab the pen? What child wouldn't? Will it be a happily ever after story? Probably not on this side of Heaven. But it will definitely be a lot better than anything I could try and dream up for myself. After all, look at the mess I made when I tried to scribble it down by myself. 

Let Him write your story. Here comes a new chapter. Turn the page.

Much love,
The Farm Wife

Comments

tiffcru said…
No measuring device could tell you to what high-degree I needed&embraced what you have written here~ Just found you via #write31days2017-- and look forward to reading more from your pen {+ the Lord's Pen in your life}.

Sincerely,
Tiffany

Popular Posts