A time to rest

The poor Farmer has gotten himself exhausted. Not just the "I need a nap" kind of exhausted. But the "I worked myself half to death" exhausted. He has been working both the ammo factory and in the fields and it caught up with him. Sent him to bed and haven't heard a peep out of him. Just a sec, I better go check and make sure he's ok!!!

Ha.

I spent the day clearing off my kitchen counters. I get so sick of seeing the clutter. Plus, I got a new Kitchen Aid mixer and I needed to make room for it. (Gotta love the Bayer points system for farmers. That means the Farm Wife can order anything she wants. For freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

So, if you know me, I am NOT a baker. I set out to make a cake with my new mixer. From a box. And a miracle happened. It baked just right and was fluffy. But it still tasted like a made-from-a-box cake. However, cake is cake. And it is chocolate. With frosting-from-a-can. My mission? Learn to bake from scratch. Someday. For now, I plan on making bread dough with my mixer. And hope to use my Thirty-One commission checks to buy a pasta maker attachment thingie.

I am really enjoying selling Thirty-One. Most of my business is done online. Because I hate parties. Well, really, I hate asking my friends to host parties. So I set it up online and you can order whenever, whatever you want. And if you want to see what something looks like or how to use it you can come to the house. Because I now literally almost have every product. Every. Single. One. We use them for everything. This has been my year to get my butt in gear and get organized. We have totes for the car. Totes for makeup and brushes. Laundry. Toilet paper. Toys. Movies. All sorted and organized.

Now, I hope to have time to write more. I am working on a book. And I want to blog to inspire. Pretty soon I will post about organizing, books I am reading, and things that inspire me.

Pictures will soon accompany my posts more often. I got this fancy schmancy SLR camera. I am going to take a class. I see and feel things in pictures and can't wait to share my view of the world with you.

Until then,
Carolyn

p.s. you can follow me on Twitter @farmwife4life and on Pinterest, too. Just look my name up. Because right now I have no idea how to link to anything. But I am learning. Because I have more time. Because I got organized.

www.mythirtyone.com/carolynwhite

Comments

Popular Posts