It's on like Donkey Kong!

I think Facebook has taken the place of my blog...but FB is for short and cute little snippets of my life...blogging is like a big fat slice of the pie of my life...only the last year or so I never seem to find any time to sit still for 20 minutes and type. I mean, I don't even get to go the bathroom alone anymore! (Aiden grabs the end of the TP and runs through the house. NOT FUNNY!)

I have been reading farm wife blogs this morning, searching for a farm wife that talks about total lack of privacy on the farm - and I am not talking about my kids - but all of the visitors, deliveries, friends of my dear BIL, truck drivers, family, other people's kids- but wait for it, my favorite...someone who lives less than two miles away who comes in the house and uses the girls' and my bathroom to go number two - never asking, and ALWAYS right before I want to take a bath...SCREAMMMM...

Oh yes, Today is The Day to tell the truth because I need to vent. I am a crazy farm wife. None of the other farm wives are talking about it so I am breaking the mold. The Farmer and I have been together for 11 years now and in that 11 years we have never had a time for more than two weeks where there hasn't been someone staying here who wasn't a part of our Party of Six. Just thinking about all of the extra cooking, cleaning and washing makes me dizzy. Not to mention the fact that I haven't gotten to wear pajamas (I sleep in sweats and a t-shirt. I just love nightgowns, sigh) in the past eleven years, or walk out of my bathroom wrapped in a towel...I am always fully dressed - I don't put on my glasses first in the morning, I strap on my bra - because 9 times out of 10 when I walk out to the kitchen there will be a man-who-is-not-my-husband at my table.

When the farmer and I married good ole Pastor T understood our dilemma. (I could have sworn that dilemma was spelled dilemna but spell check says otherwise!) He incorporated a special part into wedding ceremony where we declared our independence from family and friends. It's time to take a stand. I'm gonna start locking the front door. Can't wait til the first person who is used to bursting in has to knock!

Oh! It's on!

Comments

Popular Posts