Just make memories.

Here I am on a Saturday morning just trying to catch up on life.

Yes, dear friend, life. Apparently it goes on all around and continues making messes and things to be remembered even when I've fallen and can't get up.

I'm eating leftover chicken bites from Pizza Hut that I ordered on purpose because I wanted to eat them cold for breakfast this morning. The whole ten pack. All by myself.

Laundry is piled up on the couch (sofa? davenport?) and I need to fold it and put it away. Or make the kids do it. Which means I have to let go of my perfectionism and let them fold the towels their way and not mine. Which makes me anxious. But I have to Let. It. Go. because come on, there's like a half ton of clean undies and towels laying there.

Jaiden and AJ just came in from jumping on the trampoline. Cheeks rosy. She says "rosy red." Jaiden just read the above out loud to me and I love how she gets me.

Off to make her tea, let her fold the laundry with me. Use this moment to just be. Clean up the little messes and not sweat the big stuff. Because, this right here, is my life. Our lives. Meant to be lived. And I am sure you totally understand. That these children are so important. Scrolling (trolling) Facebook is not. Tweeting. Blogging. Snapping. Nope.

Not a moment to waste. Teach them how to fold. Let them fold their way. Who cares!

Just make memories.

Comments

Popular Posts