Rule number one: QUIT BEING A NAG.

I haven't wanted to write...because I didn't want to just put something on here just for the sake of posting. Even though blog rules say you have to post often to keep your readers - I needed to keep my sanity and take a much needed break from THINKING.

Honestly, my brains were all discombobulated. (Whew, I spelled that without spellcheck. Winning the spelling bee pays off again.) I kept going off on tangents. Thee Farmhouse was a mess. Thee Farm Kids were super hyper and Thee Farmer started a town job.

I pulled up my boot straps and started a schedule. Some routines to help me dance through my days. Because I was juggling and dropping a lot.

I asked some trusted friends what they needed help with. They confided that they wanted to know how I do it all. Well, our "it alls" are all different. But I will try and help as much as I can.

See, if I'm being honest, which I believe is the number one rule, I'm not perfect. I yell too much. Swear sometimes. Eat junk and drink Pepsi like it's liquid cocaine. I kicked a 20+ year cigarette habit more than four years ago, but Pepsi? A girl has got to have SOMETHING to be addicted to. Right?

I also make homemade bread...in a bread machine...that takes one hour and thirty minutes. I cook from scratch...but I plan most of my meals out ahead of time. I work outside with Thee Farmer...but I watch a couple of episodes of  Downtown Abbey most days.

B-A-L-A-N-C-E.

You can make up a little sing-song if you like. But it's the honest truth. Stop trying to juggle because you don't know how. Seriously, try and juggle a couple of oranges...you look stupid, have no coordination, and you are wasting time. (My apologies if you really do know how to juggle. You don't look stupid. You're amazing. I bow down before you.)

In the next couple of posts, I will walk you through a few steps to help you balance motherhood, work, wifery, and even being a farm wife, or a wife whose husband may be married to his job.

Rule number one: QUIT BEING A NAG. Just do what you gotta do without complaining and check back for the next post.

(Points finger at self.)

Comments

Popular Posts