It's Time...

It’s actually a beautiful day. In my corner of the house all is well. Beyond this little spot? Chaos ensues. Dishes overflow the sink…cover the counter…and being totally honest, the stove. Laundry? A whole mountain.
My biggest problem? I have not enlisted my children. It’s time to issue a draft. “All children that are old enough to walk must help mom.”
WWW.THEEFARMWIFE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sounds perfect. Only here’s the trick: you’ve got to teach them how to do things. WHAT?
It takes time to teach little ones how to clean. How to pick up. You can’t just yell, “Pick.up.your.toys.” through clenched teeth. Inside their little brains this is what happens…Toys? which ones? where do they go? ooh lookie, my monster machine! And next thing you know they are clobbering each other and running around like little whacked out ninjas.
Solution: Walk up to the children. Bend down to their level. (Insert deep breath here.) “Let’s put five trucks in the basket.” You’ve got to take the time to stay with them and demonstrate.
After all, if I took you outside to the calf pen and told you to put the heifer calves on one side and bulls on the other, would you know what to do? “ooooh, lookie, a fluffy one!”
Try it. Come back and tell me how it worked. Give me some advice of your own.
It’s time to take back our families…one toy at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts