Settling in...

We really let our routine slide this summer. Sleeping in until after 10. Eating whenever we were hungry. Playing outside until the sun went down. A simple rhythm ruled our days. No rushing. No demands. Just living.

Then REALITY hit. Hard. The first week of school is in progress. The girls get up. No problem. But this mama is oh so very tired. Add to that new medication for blood sugar and low blood pressure and I am one hot mess. Literally. I can't stay up all night watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix. Or reading until I fall asleep with the book left open on my chest. I have to be careful of what I eat and drink - because those side effects they list on TV commercials do happen.

It's back to thinking and planning. Did I mention I am a Planner Addict? Seriously, there is a group on Facebook and everything. Farm wife Nellie is a teacher and needed some stuff. So I packed up my goodies and spent an afternoon at her house sharing stickers, pages and "expert" planner advice. One of these days I will take some pictures and share how I plan and organize it all.

Uggg. Just looked outside and realized my windows really need cleaning. Then I tell myself "Harvest and dust will be here soon. You can clean them after that." Yep. Keep telling yourself that.

Thee Farmer weaned calves this week. By the second day I loaded the boys in the car and we went to McDs for lunch because I could not stand the bellering anymore. The weather was beautiful and all of the windows were open and all I could hear was "MAAAAAAAAH. MOOOOOOOH. MAAAAAAAAH. MOOOOOOOH."

I am preparing to participate in a Thirty One Day Writing Challenge. When I am finished, I should have a good start on my new book. If you have any topics you would like me to write about shoot me an email at kennedy993@yahoo.com.

Don't forget to sign up to receive blog updates.

Until then, (insert Kasey Kasem voice here) "Keep your head in the stars and your feet on the ground."


Comments

Popular Posts