Saturday Morning Ramblings

I wake up at dawn nearly every day. I need the quiet. The rain falling off of the roof. Cats meowing for attention. Mama cows mooing for their babies, "Come and get it!" These are the noises of life that make the quiet so worth the hour less of sleep.

Yesterday, a hummingbird flitted at kitchen window. I have never seen one here on the farm before. Lightning quick. Darting all around. Sorry little bird, you won't find any flowers here but dandelions.

I wait until June to plant anything in the yard. By then the weeds have all been sprayed and I don't have to worry about drift. I plant in pots because I have learned that I don't like weeding. Thee Farmer likes to apply crop science to my gardening techniques. Sometimes, we have tomatoes by September. We laugh about it every year. We can grow cows, corn, beans and kids. Vegetables and flowers...not so much. That's why I go to the produce auction north of here. Baskets of tomatoes, peppers, melons, onions, cabbage, carrots...and I didn't have to pull a weed.

Seems so long ago that my Mama planted a seed in me. Softly humming lullabies and sweet Baby Jesus songs in my ears. Always telling me that I was loved. That there is Jesus and He is real. And yesterday, on the phone, she waters that seed and tells me that He is still right here with us. To look up. That who I am matters, but who He created me to be matters even more.

I started this blog in 2007. Blogging was new then. I wanted to record our lives here on the farm. I was home and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our miracle baby, Jaiden Ilo. I need to write. Words that are God's gift to me. I speak loudly, boldy. But when I write, words flow softly, quietly on to paper. Most know the loud me, few know the quiet me.

Lately, I have been helping other bloggers and their writing projects. I like being a cheerleader on the sidelines. Proofreading. Testing out their words.

Kari Denker is one such author. I "met" her on Pinterest. I had looked up Bible journaling. Check out her blog http://www.stonesoupforfive.com/ Make sure you sign up for her free Ephesians study. I promise you will love this way of diving in to The Word. Doodling and journaling your way through the Bible.

Comments

Popular Posts