I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas

Where to begin? I have been up since 6:30 - woke to a call from Khyle saying that he had to be to Wartburg by 7 to leave for a wrestling tournament in Las Vegas. So, I drift back to sleep - only to have Khyle awaken me with "I'm stuck in the driveway." I looked outside - more snow than I have ever seen before! We jumped in John’s truck – Khyle had missed the driveway and ended up in the yard! The snow was deeper than his tires! So, we hook John’s truck up to KD’s truck – and proceed to get John’s truck in the snow! It is still dark outside and I am thinking the neighbors think we are crazy! All of the dogs have jumped in the truck – Khyle and I don’t want to go in and tell John we got both trucks stuck - we walk back to the house in the tracks the truck made – and I woke John up. Good ole patient John – he gets up and gets the skid loader and starts clearing a path – and drove Khyle down Hwy 218 so he can meet Coach Miller to hitch a ride to Des Moines. It took them about 5 hrs to get to DM. I just saw on the news that Vegas got snow, too! LOL Khyle wanted to stay home and bake Christmas cookies – I am not sure he wanted to leave at all! For those of you who don’t know him, we have added KD to our family – I mother (or is smother?) him – and he and Cody are just like brothers. He also loves the girls dearly – and of course, we are babysitting Otis the puppy while he is in Vegas.
Cody and John have been moving snow – John has been talking to Spencer about the cattle building – and he is getting excited – they have the trusses put together and are making plans for the rest – I am ready to get this project over with! I am ready to have my cows safe and warm!
I tried to finish my Christmas cards – you’ll be lucky if you get them before Christmas! LOL We have sugar cookie dough chilling in the fridge – we’ll roll it out tomorrow – it is my Mom’s recipe- uses almond flavoring and cream of tartar – I call those the secret ingredients – Jaima and I loved licking the spoons! Jaiden’s newest thing is turning the TV on and off – and running through the house grabbing everything she is not supposed to and throwing it on the floor – like the DVDs Cody is picking up right now – she has also learned to throw real temper tantrums.
We have been watching Christmas movies all day – Little Drummer boy, Veggie Tales Christmas, A Christmas Story and Sleepless in Seattle. The trees are lit up – the furnace is starting to heat up the house (we ran out of LP AGAIN!) and I am trying to be a patient wife and mother – 18 days to go until they go back to school!

Comments

Popular Posts